Five Dhyani Buddhas- Premium Lokta Paper Gift Box
This is a Premium Gift Box that has been created in honour of the Five Dhyani Buddhas, the ultimate emanations of the one absolute Buddha. It has been beautifully packaged in a black Lokta Paper box, which has been handmade by artisans using ancient papermaking techniques. The box has a delicate string tie closure that wraps around 2 x little wooden buttons, providing for a truly stunning and unique keepsake once the incense is finished. The specific ingredients in each incense bundle have been purposely used to acquire the power of each Buddha.
There are 5x 100% Natural Incense Bundles also wrapped in lokta paper and tied with gold string, included in each box paying respect to 5 Buddhas:
1. Akshobhya Buddha: a monk who promised to practice and teach Dharma whilst not showing any anger or malice towards any other sentient being. He fulfilled his vow and his gesture represents his state of enlightment, at which point he became Buddha Akshobhya. Burning this incense assists in calming the mind and body and connecting with the beautiful intent of kindness above all else.
Colour: Blue- this Buddha is usually depicted in blue colour symbolising the colour of clear water that reflects things as they are, a clear mirror like wisdom, which can purify any anger or ill feelings.
Main Ingredients: Sandalwood, Liquorice & Holy Basil
2. Amitabha Buddha (or Buddha of Compassion): this Buddha represents love, compassion, wisdom and mercy. Gentleness and purity is associated with Amitabha. Burn this incense to feel purity and unconditional love.
Colour: Red- this Buddha is usually depicted in a dark red ruby colour, he radiates this colour all around him.
Main Ingredients: Kuth, Kum-Kum & Asparagus
3. Amoghsiddhi Buddha: this Buddha is associated with the accomplishment of the Buddhist path and the destruction of evil. Burning this incense assists in fulfilling your own path.
Main Ingredients: Krishna Agur, Sweetflag Rhizome, Himalayan Pencil Cedar
4. Ratnasambhava Buddha: represents wisdom of equality, transforming feelings of pride into a vision of equality. Burning this incense helps to overcome fatigue, restore tranquility and balance in ones life.
Colour: Yellow like the midday sun. This Buddha is seated in full lotus position on a white moon disc which is the centre of a yellow lotus.
Main Ingredients: Juniper, Valerian & Cardamon
5. Vairochana Buddha: this Buddha is supreme as his wisdom reveals the realm of the highest reality and overcomes ignorance and delusion. His wisdom is considered to be the total of all the wisdoms of the Dhyani Buddhas.
Colour: White sitting in traditional posture.
Main Ingredients: Spikenard, Saldhoop & Gum
These incenses are prepared using Buddhist incense making techniques. Natural herbs, plants, leaves and tree barks are blended and hand rolled to create them.
Contains: 5 bundles of 22 x (18cm) incense sticks in lokta paper pouch & incense holder. In total there are 110 incense sticks in each box plus a lotus flower ceramic burner and 4x samples of rope incense.
Burn time: 60-70 mins per stick
Packaging: Beautiful Lokta Paper Box with String Button Tie closure (Black Colour with white font) - this incense is beautifully packaged and would make for an absolutely gorgeous gift.
Box Size: 12cm (W) x 25.5cm (L) x 3.5cm (H)
Handmade in Nepal using the Lama Dorjee technique. Please note that when our partners Stupa Incense started their incense business they were taught the ancient art of incense making by Lama Dorjee and his recipe continues to be used to create their incense to this day.